Covestro life-enhancing healthcare solutions on display at MD&M West
Crafting connections at MD&M West 2024
Launches polycarbonate with highest heat resistance for silicone overmolding applications. Demonstrates versatility of material solutions.
Materials from Covestro are found in many of modern technology’s most essential, next-generation medical devices – playing a major role in the development of life-saving technologies. Covestro will showcase its materials for healthcare and life science applications in booth #2221 at MD&M West, February 6-8 in Anaheim, California.
New this year is the launch Apec® 2045 polycarbonate. Covestro formulated this polycarbonate grade for higher temperatures in silicone overmolding applications, such as respiratory masks that require a tight seal.
This new offering further expands the company’s portfolio of proven materials for diverse healthcare uses:
- Polycarbonate resins and blends: Covestro’s broad portfolio of medical grade materials including Makrolon®, Bayblend®, Apec® and Makroblend® deliver strength and durability for drug delivery devices, respiratory applications, medical device housings, and more – to withstand the demands of the healthcare industry.
- Polyurethane raw materials and adhesives: Baymedix® polyurethane adhesive and foam components provide excellent breathability and low trauma removal to wound care products, in addition to excellent absorption. In wearables applications, skin-friendly adhesive systems and thermoformable foams for electronic embedding are also available.
- Thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU) films: Platilon® TPU films offer breathability, high elasticity and skin friendliness for advanced wound care solutions and smart patches with printed electronics, and act as a sterile barrier in medical packaging to ensure the integrity of breast or orthopedic implants.
A variety of parts and products made with these materials will be on display, including:
- Beam Mobile: Rugged mobile device cases for healthcare settings are made with a chemical- and disinfectant-resistant grade of Makrolon® polycarbonate.
- Certus Critical Care: The VentRight Monitor, which aims to improve patient care in situations requiring mechanical ventilation, relies on Makrolon® polycarbonate and Bayblend® PC+ABS resin.
- Vaporox: Makrolon® polycarbonate plays a role in bringing breakthrough wound healing device to market.
Attendees at MD&M West, February 6-8 in Anaheim, California, can visit the Covestro booth (#2221) to learn how the company’s materials are pushing boundaries in healthcare applications.
Covestro is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of high-quality polymer materials and their components. With its innovative products, processes and methods, the company helps enhance sustainability and the quality of life in many areas. Covestro supplies customers around the world in key industries such as mobility, building and living, as well as the electrical and electronics sector. In addition, polymers from Covestro are also used in sectors such as sports and leisure, cosmetics and health, as well as in the chemical industry itself.
The company is committed to becoming fully circular and is striving to become climate neutral by 2035 (scope 1 and 2). Covestro generated sales of EUR 18 billion in fiscal 2022. At the end of 2022, the company had 50 production sites worldwide and employed approximately 18,000 people (calculated as full-time equivalents).
Apec®, Bayblend®, Baymedix®, Makroblend®, Makrolon®, and Platilon®, are registered trademarks of Covestro Group. VHT® is a registered trademark of Vaporox, Inc.
This news release may contain forward-looking statements based on current assumptions and forecasts made by Covestro AG. Various known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors could lead to material differences between the actual future results, financial situation, development or performance of the company and the estimates given here. These factors include those discussed in Covestro’s public reports which are available at www.covestro.com. The company assumes no liability whatsoever to update these forward-looking statements or to conform them to future events or developments.
Follow news from Covestro on Twitter: https://twitter.com/CovestroUS