Procurement is globally responsible for providing Covestro with materials and services on time, of the right quality and for the best total value. Our task is to generate a competitive advantage by driving sustainable value creation through innovation, sourcing and commercial excellence, and the passion of our employees.
Organization & Strategy
Strategic Commodities (SC)
- includes Styrene, Phenol & Acetone, Benzene, Aniline, Ethylene oxide & Glycol as well as Toluene, Formaldehyde & Methanol
Intermediates & Additives (IMA)
- includes Polymers & Additives, Plastic Additives, Olefin Derivatives, Acryl/Derivatives & Amines as well as Research & Development Material
Inorganics & Energy (IE)
- includes Energy, Technical Gases as well as Basic Chemicals.
Capital Investment (CIP)
- includes Machinery & Fabricated Equipment, Pumps, Pipes, -material, PCT, Engineering Services, Turnaround Management Services and Capital Investments.
Sites & Services (SSP)
- includes Site and Technical Services, Site Logistics as well Turnaround & Small Project Demand. Several globally located Site Procurement Units focus on local sourcing and execution of procurement processes to ensure supply security. The embedded Sideline Business handles all non-core non-chemical business of Covestro.
Business Services (BSP)
- includes Procurement of all materials and services required in our business functions, eg in HR, Legal, Finance, IT, Marketing & Sales.
Logistic and Packaging (LP)
- includes Global Logistics (Ocean, Bulk Shipping & Tank Storage) and Rigid & Flexible Packaging