Magic Pharmacy Formulate potion with magical power
The Magic 3D Drawing
A whiteboard marker is an everyday pen. But did you know that common whiteboard markers can also be used in for fun experiments? All you need to do is add a couple of drops of water, then the drawing will come to life and start to move across the surface of a piece of glass! Let’s try it this together!
You will need:
- A whiteboard marker
- A dropper
- A large piece of glass
- A plastic cup.
- Place the piece of glass on the surface of a table.
- Use the whiteboard marker to draw a line or a picture onto the glass.
- Slowly add the water from the plastic cup by using the dropper. (Make sure that the water completely covers the markings that you have made)
- Use the dropper to gently move the ends of your marker strokes. See how far you are able to pull them!
《Little tips for you》
- Giving your marker strokes bold outlines will make it easier for the picture to “come alive” !
- Remember to add the water to the marker strokes slowly. Pouring the water directly onto the marker strokes will damage the picture.
How it works:
The release agent is an important element of a whiteboard marker. It acts as a protective film that prevents the markings that are made by the whiteboard marker from binding with surfaces. As such, it is what allows the markings on whiteboards to be easily removed. When water is added to the markings, the water molecules get between the markings and the glass, with the result that the markings are pulled from the glass, and float on the water instead.
＊Resource come from: NTCU Science Game Lab.