Magic Pharmacy Formulate potion with magical power
Fun of stacking layers of color liquids
Let's create our own rainbow
You will need:
- Water (10cc)
- Salad oil (10cc)
- Rice wine (10cc)
- Dish washing liquid (10cc)
- Syrup (10cc)
- Bamboo chopsticks
- Test tube (one piece)
- Food colors or coloring materials
✽You can perform this experiment with a minimum of three color liquids.
- Apply different coloring materials to make different color liquids.
- Next, pour different liquids into the test tube.
- Carefully observe the positions at which these color liquids come to rest.
How it works:
Different liquids have different structures. Some structures are tight and solid, while others are loose. Different liquid structures cause liquids to have different densities and weights. Liquids with a heavier density (such as dish washing liquids and syrup) settle in the bottom layers and liquids with a lower density settle in the upper layers. The lighter liquid will naturally “float” in the upper layers and that is how the fun of stacking liquids comes about!
＊Resource come from: NTCU Science Game Lab.