The blossoming of paper flowers
You will need:
- Some newspaper
- A pair of scissors
- A water tank
- Use the scissors to cut a circle with a diameter of 10cm (approximately the size of your palm) out of the newspaper.
- Trim the circle according to your preference, in order to create some petals.
- Fold the resulting “petals” towards the center of the circle.
- Fill the container with water, and gently place the folded-up paper flower on the surface of the water.
- You will then see the flower slowly bloom!
- Next, cut out some more circles and try to create some petals with different shapes, seeing who is able to come up with the most original paper flower designs!
How it works:
When the water passes through the fibers of the paper, as the paper absorbs the water, the folded fibers return to their original shape, as a result of the capillary action. The folded-up paper flowers then slowly reveal their petals.
＊Resource come from: NTCU Science Game Lab.