To create African American and African Diaspora cultural awareness within Covestro and to encourage an environment where diverse opinions are freely expressed and valued.
ACCESS actively supports Covestro’s business objectives through community engagement, talent recruitment strategy advocacy, holistic (personal and professional) member development and the promotion of STEM education to underrepresented students in the greater Pittsburgh area.
- Co-leads: Natalee Smith, Paris Norman
- Communications Representative: Natalie Finnegan
- Professional Development/Engagement Advisor: Aaron Lockhart
- External Community Engagement: Sharlene Lewis
- Executive Sponsors: Alice Sox, Brian Long
To cultivate awareness and appreciation for Asian cultures, aid in interactions with APAC colleagues and customers and welcome Asian employees by creating an inclusive workplace for them to grow.
- Chair: Daniel Wang
- Council: Izzie Xu, Nima Radhakrishnan, Payal Sinha, Makoto Nakao, Sudev Lingam, Sivakumar Battina, Chetan Ghosalkar
- Executive Sponsor: George Paleos
To foster an environment that supports employees who have a disability, identify as neurodiverse or who are a caregiver of a family member with a disability or special needs. Our goal is to raise awareness about disabilities – both visible and non-apparent–while also highlighting the unique abilities that people with disabilities possess. We also aim to bring a voice to the challenges that people with disabilities and their caregivers face in the workplace. CARE strives to reduce the stigma around disabilities, educate employees, provide insights, influence policies, promote inclusion and increase allyship.
- Co-leads: Jennifer Pannill, Nikki Stewart
- Event Lead: Kaitlyn Tautkus-Berry
- Executive Sponsor: Tom Balzer
Support veterans and military personnel by building strong relationships within Covestro and the community.
Baytown, Texas; Newark, Ohio; New Martinsville and South Charleston, West Virginia
- Baytown Co-leads: Darren Robertson, Chris Olson
- Newark Co-leads: Jeremy Bennett, Timothy Dold
- New Martinsville Co-leads: Barry Suter, Mark Christman
- South Charleston Lead: Lori Trent
- Executive Sponsor: David Rzepecki
To foster the professional growth and development of Covestro women of all background and career stages.
Baytown, Texas; Mexico; Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Baytown Lead: Neha Phadke
- Mexico Lead: Angelica Sandoval
- Pittsburgh Chair: Jessica Fletcher – Chair
- Pittsburgh Community Service: Lizz DiFiore, Kingsley Sebastian
- Pittsburgh Communications: Andy Sharfman, Kayla Queer
- Pittsburgh Membership: Katie Peluso, Jamie Carmona
- Pittsburgh Professional Development: Andrea Baker, Taylor Babb
- Executive Sponsor: Julia Rubino
To enhance company culture and efficiency by breaking down silos and connecting Covestro employees of all experience levels through cross-cultural, cross-functional and cross-generational collaboration, networking and learning opportunities.
Baytown, Texas; Newark, Ohio; Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Baytown Co-chairs: Sky Cantrell, Saurabh Harohalli
- Newark Co-chairs: Jessica McHugh, Steve Burgess
- Pittsburgh Co-chairs: Alex Gionta, Shannon Locke
- Pittsburgh Board member: Monica Sandhu, Rebecca Tomei
To promote healthy lifestyle behaviors by offering programs centered around physical activity, nutrition, and total wellbeing. This ERG collaborates with the myTotal Wellbeing Program, encourages others to lead an active and nourishing lifestyle and reinforces the importance of all areas of “fitness.”
Baytown, Texas; New Martinsville, West Virginia; Pittsburgh Pennsylvania; and South Charleston, West Virginia
- Pittsburgh Chair: Sunny Petty
- Pittsburgh Co-chair: Josh Staniscia
- Pittsburgh Executive Team: Marisa Jakubovic, Cathy Britsch
- New Martinsville Chair: Jody Rine
- South Charleston Chair: Cynthia Lester
- Baytown Chair: Gerard Gomis
- Executive Sponsor: John Lemmex
Igniting young minds to become the innovators of tomorrow through support of hands-on, inquiry-based STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) education, workforce experience and employee volunteerism.
Baytown, Texas; Newark Ohio; New Martinsville, West Virginia; Pittsburgh Pennsylvania; and South Charleston, West Virginia
- Pittsburgh Lead: Ben Renwick
- Pittsburgh STEM Steering Committee: Jenna Groman, Laine Mosco, Sarah Fisher
- South Charleston Co-Chairs: Jay Cales, Susan Kimble
- Newark Co-Leads: Jim Hamilton, Tim Frisch
- New Martinsville Co-Chairs: Russ Heil, Lori Heintz
- Baytown Lead: Preslie Cox
We are a vibrant, professional multicultural group dedicated to learning, living, celebrating and spreading our culture to Covestro and our community to further support the Covestro Diversity and Inclusion Strategy and our employee engagement efforts.
- Co-Chairs: Antonieta Farnen (Peru), Gamaliel Martinez (Mexico)
- Executive Member/Founder: Viviane Rondon (Brazil)
- Executive Member: Ingrid Rodriguez (Mexico)
To create an environment where emerging professionals feel valued and fully utilized and are given opportunities for growth within a supportive and inclusive culture.
- Co-Chairs: John McCaffrey, Alex Pichi
- Communications/Event Planning: Taylor Babb, Sarah Fisher
- Executive Sponsor: Jim Mason
We provide a supportive and positive learning experience in which members are empowered to develop communication and leadership skills, resulting in greater self-confidence and personal growth.
Baytown, Texas; Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- President: Maggie Halligan
- Vice President of Education: Jennifer Pasinski
- Vice President of Membership: David Cole
- Vice President of Public Relations: Brent Goetz
- Sergeant at Arms: Joshua Parsons
- Treasurer: Diana Kelley
- Secretary: Kashif Syed
To create a space for networking, exchange, and support for LGBTQ+ employees and allies while fostering an inclusive workplace for all.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania; Mexico
- Mexico Lead: Josue Cortes
- US Co-Leads: Katie Marseilles, Ron Debiec
- US Events Lead: Jennifer Fatigante
- US Treasurer: Nathan Chaffin
- US Executive Sponsor: Richard Skorpenske