This year, we shined a spotlight on new medical materials, including our two new medical-grade polycarbonate families – low-friction Makrolon® polycarbonate and glass-filled Makrolon® polycarbonate – and three new Texin® Rx thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU) grades. We also showcased our broad healthcare materials portfolio, including:
- Polycarbonate resins and blends for medical device housings, surgical instruments, syringes, and catheters and other IV components
- Polyurethane raw materials and adhesives for wound care products, wound prevention concepts and wearables
- TPU films for wound dressings, wound prevention applications and wearable electronic patch devices
- TPU resins for dental ligatures and medical tubing
Attendees also had the opportunity to see our materials in action at our booth as we displayed applications for wellness, animal health, drug delivery and surgery, including:
- Apollo Wearable: At our booth, attendees tested this stress-recovery wearable, which utilizes tough, chemical-resistant Makroblend® M525 PC+polyester blend.
- RxActuator Mini-Infuser™ Pump: This device, which is the first wearable animal drug delivery pump according to RxActuator, turns to white Bayblend® T85 XF PC+ABS blend for its case and clear Makrolon® Rx1805 polycarbonate in a blue tint for the trim.
- Pirouette Medical: Makrolon® 2458 polycarbonate is used to injection mold several components in this auto-injector device.
- Vortex Surgical Internal Delivery Device: This disposable ophthalmic surgical device features a threaded female luer adaptor formed from Makrolon® 2558 polycarbonate.
MD&M West 2020 was one for the books – but don’t just take our word for it. Hear from our experts and customers as they share why MD&M West is the trade show for discovering the latest healthcare innovations and materials that make them possible.
Bayblend®, Makroblend®, Makrolon® and Texin® are registered trademarks of the Covestro Group.