From polycarbonate and composites to adhesives and thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU) films – our vast material solutions were a sight to see at the shows. For example, we showcased a model of a new three-layer wound dressing utilizing our materials for foam, adhesive and film. Here’s a snapshot of other healthcare applications we highlighted in our booths:
- Drug delivery applications, including the Enable enFuse™ injector from Enable Injections, which features Makrolon® Rx1805 polycarbonate and Bayblend® M850 XF PC+ABS blend resins.
- Wound dressings that utilize our polyurethane adhesive components from the Baymedix® A range and foams for wound care and female hygiene applications that use Baymedix® FP prepolymers and Platilon® TPU films.
- Skin-friendly medical wearables that benefit from breathable Platilon® TPU films and Baymedix® polyurethane raw materials for thermo-formable foam and low trauma adhesive.
- IV connectors made from our durable, chemical resistant Makrolon® Rx3440 polycarbonate.
- Orthopedics and other potential applications utilizing Maezio™ – a Continuous Fiber-Reinforced Thermoplastic (CFRTP) composite material that combines the aesthetics and strength of metal with the flexibility and design freedom of plastics.
- Surgical gloves dip-coated with Baymedix® polyurethane water-based dispersions, which offer outstanding mechanical stability.