cardyon® represents a breakthrough innovation which enables manufacturers to look at alternative and more sustainable raw materials while reducing their dependence on fossil fuels.
A brighter use of CO₂
cardyon® is an innovative raw material for the production of high quality polyurethanes. It is made with carbon dioxide (up to 20%) – a raw material which is both abundant and available as a chemical feedstock. CO₂ is already used in several applications such as in flexible foams for mattresses and in a binder for synthetic sports floorings. Usage for elastic textile fibers is currently being investigated.
- Demonstrates your commitment to sustainability and the future of our planet
- Helps close the carbon loop by bringing carbon dioxide back into the value chain
- Reduces the use of scarce fossil resources, such as crude oil, to ease the pressure on our planet’s resources
- Helps position your company as an innovative forerunner
- Means using an award-winning new raw material, produced with leading-edge innovative technology